Summer PREP (Parish Religious Education Program) is a new way the Parish is approaching catechesis for our young people. Traditional PREP focuses mainly on the education of the student. Summer PREP will focus on the faith formation of the whole family. The Church recognizes the importance of parents as the primary teachers of Jesus' love and his message. This program will reinforce that by not only sharing some of the teaching responsibility with the parents, and will also provide educational opportunities for our parents. This will be done through a series of speakers on Sundays throughout the year.
A large portion of the students' education will take place in one week during the summer. This year, we are planning for Summer PREP to meet June 20- June 24, 2022. Contact Mrs. Raffin at for registration procedures.
There will be 4 Sundays spread throughout the rest of the year for continuing education classes. It is, therefore, imperative that parents take an active role in making sure their children are being properly trained in the faith. In order to assist our parents, there are certain requirements outside of the 5 days of summer classes and the 4 family formation days:
- Weekly attendance at Saturday Evening or Sunday Mass
- Involvement in one parish ministry or service activity
- Participation in four devotional activities outside of regular Sunday Mass
- Attendance and participation in our PREP Advent and Lent Services
- Sacrament Retreat for those in Levels 2,3 and 7